Hi friends! Today, I want to take just a few minutes to talk to those of you who might be having Wi-Fi problems with your Hydrow.
I know that nothing is more annoying than setting aside time to use the Hydrow, sitting down, getting all hyped up to work out, and your Hydrow says it can’t connect to the internet.
What do you do? Let’s talk about your options. One of these is sure to work for you.
Hydrow Won’t Connect to Wi-Fi
Let’s start at the beginning.
Do you see your WiFi listed? If you do and you are certain that you are entering the correct password, try these steps.
- Check to see if the machine will connect to your phone (as a hotspot). If it does, the problem isn’t that the Hydrow’s WiFi isn’t working.
- Now check where you have your Hydrow located. Don’t put the Hydrow on a floor that is directly above or below the router/modem. Move your Hydrow back (or forward) about 3 feet and try again.
- Don’t put your Hydrow directly in front of the modem, either. Again, move it about 3-4 feet away.
- Check the signal strength. To do this, tap on the gear icon on the lower right hand of the screen. Is the signal strength weak? Try using 2.4GHz rather than 5.0GHz WiFi band.
- If the WiFi signal is still weak, remove obstructions. Every piece of furniture, wall, floor, or other object is an obstruction.
- Try moving your Hydrow to different locations and see if this helps.
- Turn off other devices that might be causing interference, such as video game consoles.
Did your Hydrow connect to your WiFi before, but now it won’t? Let’s talk about that issue.
My Hydrow Used to Connect to WiFi But Now It Won’t
Let’s remove and then re-add your network from Hydrow.
- Again, select the gear icon on the lower right-hand corner.
- Choose WiFi and then select the network you want to use (the one that worked previously).
- Now select “forget this network”.
- Turn your Hydrow off using the switch near the foot pedals.
- Wait at least 30 seconds.
- Reboot your network modem. Turn the modem off, wait for 10 seconds, then turn it back on usually work.
- Turn the Hydrow back on again.
- Now select the network you want to use and enter the password. Your Hydrow should connect.
If you still can’t get your Hydrow to connect after taking all these steps, contact Hydrow customer support or use live chat and chat with an expert about your connection problems.
- Related Post: Why Is My Hydrow Rower Not Turning ON?
I Keep Getting Error Notifications about Loose Cable or Software Update
If you are receiving messages saying “Loose Cable Detected” or “Software Update Error”, these are actually NOT WiFi issues.
It’s not unusual to receive both messages simultaneously.
If you are notified of a “loose cable”, turn off the Hydrow using the switch near the feet. Remove the cables from the back of the tablet. Wait 10 seconds, then plug them back in.
Turn your Hydrow back on. Everything should be normal again.
It’s a good idea to inspect the ends of the cables, especially the wire close to the connected point, to ensure that there is no damage to them.
If you should notice that the cables look damaged in any way or the connecter seems misshapen, contact Hydrow right away.
If you are still receiving this message, use the feedback button on the upper right-hand corner of your monitor.
This should also fix any ‘Software Update” error message.
The Bottom Line
I’ve been lucky that I haven’t really had any issues with connections so my access to on-demand workouts was never affected.
I do believe that one time I did get the “WiFi not connected” message, but I simply turned the Hydrow off and on again to fix it. I never had that problem again.
Hopefully, one of the above fixes will resolve all your problems so that you have no more internet connection issues ever again.
If it doesn’t, please contact the excellent customer support at Hydrow and chat with an expert..
Live healthy, friends, and happy rowing!
Written by Petra Amara – RowingCrazy.com
CEO & Founder of RowingCrazy, National Rower, Coxswain Womens Eight Team, Rowing Coach & Writer
Petra is a Mother of two and owner of Rowingcrazy.com. Petra lives and breathes rowing, she also has a passion for writing which lead her to start RowingCrazy.com to share her rowing experience and expertise with others.