Now, more than ever before is a great time to invest in home exercise equipment. A 2 in 1 exercise bike rowing machine combo can be a great option if you are looking for equipment that will give you a cardio workout and help build muscle mass and increase your strength.
A good recumbent rowing bike will work like bicep curls to tone a lot of muscle groups and can offer a great total body workout that other home cardio machines cannot offer.
Our Top Picks:
|Stamina Conversion II Recumbent Bike/Rower|
|Avari A150-335 Conversion II|
|Teeter Power 10 Elliptical Rower|
With the right rower bike machine, you will be able to get a great workout indoors with minimal effort. There are a variety of features to consider when looking for a recumbent row bike machine, and we will review everything you need to know to confidently purchase your rower. After reading through what you need to know to make a sound decision, you will be able to purchase the right recumbent bike rowing machine to meet your needs.
Factors to Consider
Before we list our recommendations, let’s take a look at what you need to consider when shopping for a recumbent bike rower. While each rower bicycle is a little bit different, with a little research and considerations into what your top priorities are, you will be able to find the right rowing machine bike to meet your needs.
- Ease of transition – when using your bicycle rowing machine, consider how often you will be biking versus how often you will be rowing and how easy it is to transition between the two modes.
- LCD Display – look at the display and console of the rowing bikes. When you are moving fast on the machine, you want something easy to read, so you can see the numbers tracking your progress. A good rowing bicycle will have an LCD display that you do not have to strain your eyes to read.
- Noise – a good recumbent rower bike will not be that noisy. You should be able to watch TV, talk to your partner, or listen to music without a loud machine getting in the way.
- Resistance – consider how much resistance the rower bike combo offers. Resistance is the key to strength training and will also help to build your stamina.
Best Option under $1,000 – Stamina Recumbent Bike Rower
Consider the Stamina Conversion II Recumbent Bike/Rower if you are looking for a recumbent bike rower under $1,000. This combination bike rower gives a great full-body workout and might be the only piece of home gym equipment that you need.
Some of the features included with the conversion ii are:
- There is a rowing handle that lets you get an additional upper arm and body workout
- There are eight levels of adjustable magnetic resistance, so you can make your workouts harder or easier depending on your level of fitness
- The display monitor easily tracks metrics
- You can set targets for your metrics and track if you meet them
- You can weigh up to 250 lbs and use this machine
Easiest to Use – Avari 150-335 Conversion II
There are more options than just the conversion ii. The Avari 150-335 Conversion II is our top choice for ease of use and is also economical. With this combo recumbent bike with rower, you can easily switch between the two functions, making it easy to row or bike as you see fit. This is a great rowing bike for beginners.
Some of the key features included with this rowing machine are:
- The magnetic resistance is very smooth and quiet
- The seat is designed for comfort with a lot of foam
- The easy to read monitor displays quite a bit of information related to speed distance time
- The foot pedals are large and the adjustable foot straps make this row machine bike easy to use and you will build stamina in no time at all
Other Top Option – Teeter Power 10 Elliptical Rower
While this rowing machine is not technically a bike, it is such a great recumbent rower that we just couldn’t leave it off the list. You will exercise the same muscles as with a bike rower, and you will get a great workout! This rowing machine is a great way to build stamina and upper body strength.
Some of the key features with this rower include:
- A traditional rower that works out your arms and back, you will not miss out on the fact that it is not technically a rowing bike machine
- The rower aspect is more than enough to compensate for the fact that you cannot do any biking
- Designed to burn calories quickly using resistance to increase your stamina with only a low-impact so that your joint health is protected
- App offers free training so you can easily learn how to use this machine
- Good for people weighing more than 250 lbs, you can weigh up to 350 lbs and still use this machine
Why Choose a Combo Bike Rower?
There are a lot of ways to exercise, and plenty of options even if you are looking for a machine for inside your home. Rowing machines can be better than some indoor exercise equipment because they are better on your joints. You can get a similar cardio and strength workout from some other machines, but they put more wear and tear on your joints, which can be harmful to your body later in life.
Take advantage of the resistance offered by a good rower, while also enjoying that your joints are not pounding hard over and over again on a stiff treadmill. Another nice feature of the rowers is that you can usually adjust the amount of resistance. This means you can get a good workout no matter if you are just starting your fitness routine, or if you are experienced in the gym.