Now more than ever before is a great time to invest in home exercise equipment. A 2-in-1 exercise bike rowing machine combo can be a great option if you are looking for equipment that will give you a cardio workout and help build muscle mass and increase your strength.
A good recumbent rowing bike will work like bicep curls to tone a lot of muscle groups and can offer a great total body workout that other home cardio machines cannot offer.
In a Hurry? Here are My Top 3 Picks:
In a rush and want to find the best recumbent bike rower combinations? Check out my top picks.
*We review fitness products impartially and may earn a commission from affiliate links. For details see our disclosure page.
Our analysis of rowing machines is listed below in this article, where we have provided a comprehensive assessment of each machine.
With the right rower bike machine, you will be able to get a great workout indoors with minimal effort. There are a variety of features to consider when looking for a recumbent row bike machine, and we will provide the info you need to confidently purchase your rower.
Rest assured that this article will help you in making a sound decision when choosing the right recumbent bike rowing machine to meet your needs, so keep on reading below!
Factors to Consider
Before we list our recommendations, let’s take a look at what you need to consider when shopping for a recumbent bike rower. While each rower bicycle is a little bit different, with due diligence and consideration of your priorities, you will be able to find the right rowing machine bike to meet your needs.
- Ease of transition – think about how you will be using your bicycle rowing machine; consider how often you will be biking versus how often you will be rowing; pick one which allows for easy transition between the two modes.
- LCD Display – look at the display and console of the rowing bikes. When you’re moving fast on the machine, you want something easy to read, so you can see the numbers tracking your progress. A good rowing bicycle will have an LCD display that’s large enough you don’t have to strain your eyes to read.
- Noise – a good recumbent rower bike will not be that noisy. You should be able to watch TV, talk to your partner, or listen to music without a loud machine getting in the way.
- Resistance – consider how much resistance the rower bike combo offers. Resistance is the key to strength training and will also help to build your stamina.
1. Stamina Recumbent Bike Rower (Best Option under $1,000)
Consider the Stamina Conversion II Recumbent Bike/Rower if you’re looking for a recumbent bike rower under $1,000.
This combination bike rower gives a great full-body workout and might be the only piece of home gym equipment that you need.
Some of the features included in the Conversion II are:
- There is a rowing handle that lets you get an additional upper arm and body workout
- There are eight levels of adjustable magnetic resistance, so you can make your workouts harder or easier depending on your level of fitness
- The display monitor easily tracks metrics
- You can set targets for your metrics and track if you meet them
- It has a weight capacity of 250 lbs, which is more than enough to handle most users
2. Avari 150-335 Conversion II (Easiest to Use)
There are other options aside from the Conversion II. For ease of use and economy, we have Avari 150-335 Conversion II as our top choice.
With this combo recumbent bike rower, you can easily switch between the two functions, shifting from rower to bike as you please. This is a great rowing bike for beginners.
Below are some of the key features of this rowing machine:
- The magnetic resistance is very smooth and quiet
- The seat is designed for comfort with a lot of foam
- The easy to read monitor displays quite a bit of information, including speed, distance, and time
- The foot pedals are large and the adjustable foot straps make this row machine bike easy to use; you will build stamina in no time at all
3. Teeter Power 10 Elliptical Rower (Other Top Option)
While this rowing machine is not technically a bike, it is such a great recumbent rower that we just couldn’t leave it off the list.
You will exercise the same muscles as with a bike rower, and you will get a great workout! This rowing machine is a great way to build stamina and upper body strength.
Some of the key features of this rower are:
- A traditional rower that works out your arms and back, you will not miss out on the fact that it is not technically a rowing bike machine
- The rower aspect is more than enough to compensate for the fact that you cannot do any biking
- Designed to burn calories quickly using resistance to increase your stamina; it is low-impact so that your joint health is protected
- App offers free training so you can easily learn how to use this machine
- Good for people weighing more than 250 lbs, you can weigh up to 350 lbs and still use this machine
Why Choose a Combo Bike Rower?
There are a lot of ways to exercise and plenty of options if you’re looking for a machine for inside your home. Rowing machines can be better than some indoor exercise equipment because they are better on your joints. You can get a similar cardio and strength workout from some other machines, but they put more wear and tear on your joints, which can be harmful to your body later in life.
Take advantage of the resistance offered by a good rower while also enjoying the benefit of a low-impact workout. Your joints will not be pounding hard over and over again on a stiff treadmill. Another nice feature of rowers is that you can usually adjust the amount of resistance. This means you can get a good workout whether you’re just starting your fitness routine or experienced in the gym.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I lose weight on a recumbent bike rower?
A recumbent bike alone (without the rower) provides a calorie-burning exercise that can help you lose your unwanted pounds. Combined with a rower, you get two effective cardio machines that both help you burn calories, shed fat, and lose weight. Plus, with constantly increasing resistance and varying workouts to continually challenge your body, you will get to tone your muscles to a more physically fit and healthier you.
2. Is a recumbent bike rower good for abs?
A recumbent bike rower provides a full-body workout, thus is good for the entire body, including the abs. Using either mode—but more so if used as a rower—helps you get a high-calorie burn that trims down overall body fat, including the fatty layers hiding your abs. The combination provides more fun and variety and prevents boredom. As a recumbent bike, it protects your joints while you perform intense workouts. By moving the seat closer to the pedals, you make the ab muscles do more work. In the rowing mode, you get to work all major muscle groups and engage your core, trimming down a fatty abdomen and toning it to a 6-pack even! This ambitious goal does need work, though, but entirely possible with the help of this 2-in-1 piece of equipment!
3. Is a recumbent rowing machine worth it?
You get two awesome fitness machines for the price of one; the combination offers you variety to fight boredom; it occupies half the space that two machines require; and you’re investing in your health—so by all accounts, it’s worth the money.
Written by Petra Amara – RowingCrazy.com
CEO & Founder of RowingCrazy, National Rower, Coxswain Womens Eight Team, Rowing Coach & Writer
Petra is a Mother of two and owner of Rowingcrazy.com. Petra lives and breathes rowing, she also has a passion for writing which lead her to start RowingCrazy.com to share her rowing experience and expertise with others.